Getting to Know You
A workshop series on your most important relationship: yourself.
Your relationship with yourself is lifelong and constant. You are the only person who can always be there for you. Our culture teaches conflicting ideals, such as “put others first” and “put on your own oxygen mask first”, but most of us are afraid that we’ll be seen as selfish if we take care of ourselves first.
What If I Told You…
- It doesn’t have to be so confusing, scary, and mysterious?
- Putting yourself first is the most UNselfish and generous thing you can do?
- You DO have the ability to live a life of passion and purpose?
- Our culture just sucks at teaching us how to live healthy, fulfilling lives?
- Focusing on yourself gives you more freedom and healthier relationships?
It’s not selfish to find your own inner workings fascinating! There’s actually a deeper purpose to self-reflection. Developing personal responsibility means no longer putting the burden of managing your emotions & reactions on your loved ones. It gives you more decision-making power and helps you put yourself in the context of community.
This work can help you grow a spine, find a strong community, soften your rough edges, or bring more joy to your day.
In the Getting to Know You series, I’ll teach you 4 universal principles that you can apply to your own life in your own way.
- The Spiral of Life. Personal growth is not linear! You will learn a gorgeous, useful, and comforting metaphor for understanding what is happening in your life at any given moment. This teaching alone saved and changed my life.
- You Are Not Your Thoughts. You will learn how to recognize when your thoughts are BS-ing you and what to do about it. This has nothing to do with meditation, affirmations, or positive thinking.
- Navigating 101. You will learn how smart your body is and how it can help you make choices that will bring you closer to peace and satisfaction.
- The Truth About Personal Growth. We’ll debunk the most pernicious myths about having a relationship with yourself and explore the sanity-saving, life-giving role of the Friendly Witness. Before you leave, you’ll explore your next steps.
Each workshop is designed for to help you dive deep. We’ll be in a cozy home environment with a curated selection of teas and snacks and plenty of pillows and blankets for maximum physical comfort. With everything around you signaling safety and nurturing, you’ll be free to explore your heart and mind.
Workshop Dates, Summer 2019
June 15: The Spiral of Life
July 13: You Are Not Your Thoughts
August 10: Navigating 101
September 7: The Truth About Personal Growth
Individual workshops are $30 each, or sign up for all 4 for $120. The Summer 2019 workshops are all scheduled from 2pm to 4pm and will be held at the Well-Being Healing Center at 317 N. Aurora Street, Ithaca, NY.